Re: Internet Explorer 5, Unicode Fonts, and Fontographer

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 01 1999 - 12:20:45 EST

    N.R. Liwal> Dear Mr. Roozbeh; U+06C0 is HEH with Hamza Above, where
    N.R. Liwal> Unicode 2.0 shows HEH with HAMZA above and document it HEH
    N.R. Liwal> With YEH above (Persian),

    N.R. Liwal> HEH with Hamza Above is used in Pashto as well as in
    N.R. Liwal> Dari(Afghan Farsi) and I am sure that it is used in Iranian
    N.R. Liwal> Farsi too. Whatever is the case we need this letter and I
    N.R. Liwal> think we should recommend HEH with YEH above to added to
    N.R. Liwal> unicode.

This is a good point. A couple questions:

1. Should the glyph shape for HEH with YEH above be the YEH BARREE, U+06E7 in
   Unicode 3.0, or more like the other YEH, U+06CC?

2. Does it have two or four shapes in Pashto?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab I have never made but one prayer to God,
New Mexico State University a very short one:
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL "Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous."
Las Cruces, NM 88003 And God granted it. -- Voltaire, letter