RE: handwritten Arabic [was: arabic number in bidi algorithm]

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 07:36:08 EST

This is not unique of the Arabic calligraphy.

Also in the Latin script, most people write the dots (over i's and j's), the
horizontal bars (through f's and t's), and the accents after the rest is
written. This is particularly common in ligated calligraphy (that is still
very common in many countries).

Looking at people writing on blackboards (meetings are boring, sometimes:-),
I noticed that a lot of people add these details going from right to left,
or even in a mixed order.

Ciao,
        Marco