Re: Unicode (&i18n) libraries, fonts & tools, please

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 1999 - 19:37:15 EST

Gecko in mozilla source tree is a Unicode based layout library.
WebShell in mozilla source tree is a set of interface that allow application to
embed Geck into their application. So... in a sense, it is a Unicode library.
GFX in mozilla source tree is a Unicode based graphics rendering system which
support multiplatform.Gecko use GFX to render Unicode.
There are many other part of Mozilla are Unicode based library. nsString in
mozilla/xpcom/ds/ is a Unicode based string class written and maintained by
RickG
You can find Unicode converter library under mozilla/intl/uconv
You can find Unicode based line breaker and word breaker under
mozilla/intl/lwbrk
You can find Unicode based case conversion and Japanese halfwidth to fullwidth
text transformation under mozilla/intl/unicharutil. nsString delegate the case
conversion work to implementation in here for non ASCII characters.

Our SpellChecker API are also Unicode base.