Re: Bug in TR 19, and fancy HTML in TR's

From: Mark Davis (markdavis@ispchannel.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 21:25:16 EDT

Thanks for the bug report -- I'll try to fix it soon.

As to the examples, there is nothing really fancy about them at all, so it
must be your system or browser. The source for the table you mention is:

<h3>2.2 <a name="History">History</a></h3>
<pre> &lt;history supercedes=&quot;CP501&quot;
derivedFrom=&quot;CP500&quot;&gt;
  &lt;modified version=&quot;2&quot; date=&quot;1999-09-25&quot;&gt;
   Added Euro.
  &lt;/modified&gt;
  &lt;modified version=&quot;1&quot; date=&quot;1997-01-01&quot;&gt;
   Made out of whole cloth for illustration.
  &lt;/modified&gt;
 &lt;/history&gt;</pre>
file
and relations to other encodings. This is an optional element.</p>
coordinated with the version. The latest version should be first.</p>

which is pretty vanilla.

In the technical reports, the only point where we make use of Javascript is
in the dates -- the advantage of having it there is that it provides a
double-check to make sure that the date is updated when the technical report
is updated. It's very simple stuff, so it shouldn't cause a problem for any
of the browsers -- and if Javascript is not enabled, it reverts to a
plaintext date.

Mark