RE: UTF-8 on this list

From: Mike Lischke (public@lischke-online.de)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:20:30 EDT

Mike,

> Long after upgrading to Win2K, setting up all my fonts, and testing
> everything, I've come to a conclusion: there are darn few Unicode text
> messages on the Unicode mail list (i.e. characters are referred to by
> codepoint, but the character itself is never included).

While I basically agree I want to remind you that firstly not everyone might have the necessary font installed to view the particular character and secondly, often there are discussions about not yet defined characters or very new releases (e.g. as with UCD 3.1) so there cannot be a font already carrying the necessary characters.

Ciao, Mike