RE: Using hex numbers considered a geek attitude

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 17:00:51 EDT

> From: Roozbeh Pournader [mailto:roozbeh@sharif.edu]
>
> On Thu, 3 May 2001, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
>
> > But the same thing does not work in, e.g., the Notepad
> program coming with
> > NT 4. Crazily enough, it also doesn't work in some other
> Office 2000 apps,
> > like Word.
>
> It also doesn't work in Word 2000 over Windows 2000 which my
> colleagues
> are using for preparing their documents. Anyone knows a method? (It's
> really a pain that Microsoft's Farsi keyboard doesn't have
> ZWNJ on it.)

        As Marco mentioned:

> >I have Windows NT 4.0, but installed Office 2000. In Outlook
> 2000, I can
> >type ALT+01488 and get an "?": a Hebrew aleph (U+05D0 =
> decimal 1488 -- BTW,
> >sorry for sending one more UTF-8 message).

        I have verified this behavior using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. I
have also verified that neither Word (with Office) nor Notepad will do this
correctly. Good news, though - I tried WordPad and it does accept
ALT+decimal sequences. Try it and let us know if it works for you.

/|/|ike