Word, Asian characters, and Arial Unicode

From: David J. Perry (perryd@telocity.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 09:30:07 EDT

Word 2000 (under Win98) insists on using Arial Unicode MS whenever you
insert a character in the CJK Punctuation range. There are some characters
here that might be useful in non-CJK situations, such as the double
brackets. I have made a font with these characters but Word will not let me
use it, automatically formatting the characters in Arial Unicode MS even
when the surrounding text is in my own font. I've tried several methods of
inputting the characters but the result is always the same. Does anybody
know how to handle this?

Thanks -- David