Not out of the woods yet (was RE: UCD in XML)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 20:15:00 EDT

I tried that, and it now gets further. However, it blows up on a pure UTF-8
version (without the NCRs). I posted that version also on my site so you
can pick it up.

Error message is:

  <e c="?" n="MATHEMATICAL BOLD DIGIT ONE" gc

     The XML page cannot be displayed

     Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
     and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

     An invalid character was found in text content. Line 37847, Position 7
     <e c='

     ="m">="Nd" dt="font" dm="1" nt="decimal" nv="1.0" lb="NU" bc="EN"
     Other_Math="T" Hex_Digit="T" />

     The problem appears to be on:

<e c='ķ??' n='MATHEMATICAL BOLD DIGIT ONE'
 gc='Nd' dt='font' dm='1' nt='decimal' nv='1.0' lb='NU' bc='EN'
Other_Math='T' Hex_Digit='T'
/>

The code is 1D7CF, which is in UTF-8 (according to my converter) F0 9D 9F
8F. Don't know why that particular value would tickle something.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, IBM GCoC, Cupertino
(408) 777-5850 [fax: 5892], mark.davis@us.ibm.com, president@unicode.org