BIDI: possible fix

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 01:04:36 EDT

In the bidirectional algorithm, rule W1 states that all non-spacing marks
should change to the type of the previous character. Rule W4, being the
only rule refering to "a single" something, specifies that a single
European separator between two European numbers changes to a European
number, and a sinlge common separator between two numbers of the same type
changes to that type.

Do you agree with me that rule W4 should be fixed to also change the type
if there are NSMs over the separator? They should be counted as one I
mean, so if I want to underline a separator, that underlined separator
should count as one normal separator, not two.

--roozbeh