Re: SQL server 7.0 & Unicode locale ID

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 17:08:54 EDT

> I am having problems restoring a database using SQL Server 7.0,
>the error
> being that the database was backed up using unicode locale ID
>1033, and my
> server is using locale ID 2057. I can only set which region I
>want on
> installation of SQL, and I'm trying to find a list of Regions vs
>their ID
> numbers...

You have left out some crucial info, but reading between the lines (i.e.
judging by the specific IDs you mention), I gather you're working on Win32.
You will probably find
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/win2k/setup/lcid.asp helpful. For
additional info, see my article in Multilingual Computing & Technology #40
(see www.multilingual.com).

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>