RE: Single Unicode Font

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 23:59:03 EDT

At 04:48 PM 05/22/2001 -0500, Ayers, Mike wrote:
> > From: Carl W. Brown [mailto:cbrown@xnetinc.com]
>
> > That is what I call insane since most people
> > won't care about
> > 99% of them.
>
> They will only care about the one character they get which they
>cannot render. Since we cannot predict which one that will be, the only
>sensible solution is to provide them all. In any case, "insane" seems to me
>to be too strong a word.

I'd like a font so that when people download "German and English Sounds"
and "Old High German" from Gutenberg (both of which I'm currently working
on), they can see the LATIN SMALL Z WITH HOOK BELOW, LATIN SMALL A WITH
MACRON, and the half a dozen other unusual characters those books use,
even if they've never seen them before in their life. I don't care if
it's serif, sans serif or whatever; so long as it's readable it will serve
the purpose of communication. That's all we want - the ability to read
any Unicode document at some rudimentary level.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org