Re: Single Unicode Font

From: Michael (michka) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 14:13:02 EDT

From: "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
> At 13:11 22-05-2001 -0700, Carl W. Brown wrote:
> >There is no easy solution.
>
> Yes, there is, though it is probably beyond the scope of this list.
>
> Nevertheless, there is a very simple solution. It needs to be done
> on the OS level: Create metafonts.

Adam,

There is nothing intrinscly wrong with the approach you are taking, but
TANSTAAFL applies here, and there IS no easy solution. There are indeed
solutions that will fool others into thinking its easy based on how easy it
seems to *them*. I doubt that anyone who understands even 1/10 of the
font/OS issues would consider this to be "easy" though.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/