Re: ISO vs Unicode UTF-8 (was RE: UTF-8 signature in web and email)

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 19:52:11 EDT

Some people said things like...

>There was another abomination proposed.
>I was choosing not to mention the abominable.

The abominable steam-rollers of history squish those who don't scream and
run; and the few weak survivors are forever cleaning up the resulting
messes.

If you think something abominable is happening, please raise a loud voice
and flood UTC members with e-mail and tell everyone what you think and why
you think it. Nobody can hear you when you mumble.

And it helps if you have solid technical and philosophical arguments to convey.

        Rick