Re: Unicode transliterations (and other operations)

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 22:25:54 EDT

> Hee hee - unless you're packing a guide to anime, you'll never find
> 'em anyway. らんま is Ranma, as in Ranma Saotome, and あかね is Akane, as in
> Akane Tendo, the two main stars of Rumiko Takahashi's bizarre (if
> monothematic) sex comedy "Ranma 1/2".

Seeing this wonderful use of Unicode text in e-mail brings a quote to mind:

"Marvelous technology is at our disposal; but instead of reaching up to new
heights, we're going to see how far down we can go, how deep into the muck
we can immerse ourselves." -- Barry Champlaign (Eric Bogosian), Oliver
Stone's Talk Radio

<g>

MichKa

Michael Kaplan