Re: Arial Unicode MS and Code2000

From: Rajesh Chandrakar (rajesh@inflibnet.ac.in)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 02:53:17 EDT

"James E. Agenbroad" wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Rajesh Chandrakar wrote:
>

> > James Kass wrote:
> >
> > > Adarsh wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > Another problem has to do with searching/indexing. Search/index
> > > applications
> > > are "broken" by non-Standard encodings.
> >
> > but how far searching and indexing is possible for encoded standards?
> >
> > regards
> >
> > rajesh
> >
> Friday, July 6, 2001
> To searching and indexing one might add sorting/filing of the
> retrieved items into some useful order since I beleieve this discussion
> began with a bibliographic application. (This is, I know, a bit remote
> from the fonts issue.)

As I feel that, this might also be one of the issue for Library of Congress.
May I know what Library of Congress is using for multilingual database
creation? and what other problem is being faced by you? as my problem is
little bit same with your. I have already seen your two-three proposals
submitted to MARBI committee for mapping of USMARC to Unicode UCS. but I
could not get much detail about it.

cheery regards
rajesh chandrakar