Re: Is there Unicode mail out there?

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 12:33:14 EDT

>Can you read this? This is coming from Lotus Notes.
>
>????????

Notes can handle Unicode characters, at least going from one Notes user to
another within our system. Once it goes out on to the Internet, there may
be other processes intervening that munge the data.

In the Basics tab of the User Preferences dialog (I'm using R5.0.5), under
"Additional Options" I've got "Enable Unicode display" enabled; under the
Main and News tab, in the Multilingual Internet Mail drop down, select "Use
Unicode (UTF-8)". Just as a test, here's a bit of Thai: กลัปมาอยู่แล้ว

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>