Re: Is there Unicode mail out there?

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 14:28:11 EDT

On 07/12/2001 12:39:30 PM Jungshik Shin wrote:

> Finally, you succeeded ! Congratulations :-). Could you
>explain what you did differently this time so that other Lotus
>Notes users can benefit from your experience/experiment?

In my first attempts, I had had my Multilingual Internet Mail preference
set to "Use Unicode and prompt". (I had had it like that for some time, and
it never once prompted me, so I don't know what it's supposed to mean.)
This was the setting I had used for the first Thai sample. For the second
Thai sample, I tried changing the preference to "Use Unicode (UTF-8)". That
still didn't force UTF-8. The last time, I simply followed up on a
suggestion sent to me offline by James Kass: add a character that wouldn't
be in another codepage / charset -- I added a ZWSP to my signature. That
did it.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>