Errata in language/script list

From: Philipp Reichmuth (uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 17:25:29 EDT

Hello Errata,

some points in the language list:

- Ge'ez: Ge'ez is not used anymore except for liturgical purposes, so
I'd consider it a bit problematic to specify a country where it's
spoken. I'd probably remove the "Eritrea, Ethiopia" country
specification.

- Samaritan: Samaritan script is quite close to already-encodable
scripts, so that it would probably be possible to use smart fonts
(e.g. OpenType) to encode it using Hebrew.

- Serbian: Serbian and Croatian are quite closely related to each
other, and Serbian was written using Latin as well.

- Sindhi: Is (was) written using Devanagari as well.

- Tamazight: Add "Arabic" script (is used besides Latin)

- Tajik: better remove the [3], there have been plans to reintroduce
Arabic script as well; in addition, it should be noted that Tajik and
Farsi are so closely related to each other that I am not sure whether
listing them separately makes sense

- Uzbek: Add "Latin" script (Uzbek was written in Latin from, I
think, 1927 to 1940; in addition, they are reintroducing Latin script
with an encodable orthography and expect to be finished in 2005), add
"Arabic [3]"

 Philipp mailto:uzsv2k@uni-bonn.de
Chaos reigns within / Reflect, repent, and reboot / Order shall return