Re: Egyptian Transliteration Characters

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 13:28:35 EDT

>3. a capital and small glottal stop and reversed glottal stop

>For (2), (3), we would need a submission with documentation of usage. We
do
>add capital/small versions of characters when there is sufficient
evidence
>of their usage. This happens, for example, when an IPA is pressed into
>service in the regular orthography of a language.
>
>To submit a proposal, go to www.unicode.org, click on "submitting
proposals"
>(you may already be following that, since it recommends discussing
proposals
>on this list!)

I recently learned of some languages using upper and lower case glottal
stops. I don't have details at the moment, but have anticipated writing a
proposal once the linguists involved provide further info.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>