RE: A product compatibility question

From: David_Possin@i2.com
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 13:21:29 EDT

I gave up trying anything else than MS Office products when I have to use
many different fonts with Unicode - Publisher 2000 works great for
creating printable (.pub) and browser viewable (html) documents, plus I
can make presentations in PowerPoint 2000 - all from one original document
set, mixing any languages, all on international Win2000. Other software
companies have a lot to learn to offer that support, I tried them all.

The purpose is to create multilingual catalogs with graphics etc with same
look and feel online and offline in a global scenario.

David Possin
International QA Engineer (i18n & l10n)
i2 Technologies

> If it does not,
> can someone kindly suggest a publishing application solution
> that does
> support this capability? (i.e., Pagemaker, Quark, etc.)

I'm not sure about FrameMaker, but I just ran a test in which I
successfully inserted Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional
Chinese text boxes into Microsoft Publisher 2000.

Probably not the solution you were looking for however...

Suzanne Topping
BizWonk Inc.
stopping@bizwonk.com