RE: sample text ok?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 16:11:10 EDT

At 12:26 10/10/2001, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

> >I have to point out though that there are only 4 different shapes of heh
> >- not 5 - the first occurrence of heh in word # 2 and # 4 being the
> >same.
>
>Yes, I knew that: five instance illustrating four shapes. I had picked out
>four words that I though had the four shapes, and then noticed when I was
>adding the highlighting that one of them had two different shapes.

There is a 5th form of heh: an alternate unconnected form that is used in
certain contexts. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly what those contexts
are. Anyone?

Somewhat confusingly, the Unicode glyph charts show the alternate form at
U+0647, and the typical form at U+FEE9.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

Type is something that you can pick up and hold in your hand.
                                                   - Harry Carter