CP1256 and Persian YEH?

From: Mark Leisher (mleisher@crl.nmsu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 16:50:00 EDT

Can someone tell me how the Persian YEH (U+06CC) is dealt with in a CP1256
context? Has the official mapping changed from the following page?

  http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/sbcs/1256.htm

Or perhaps the "0xFF YEH BARREE" is assumed to be Persian YEH in the Persian
locale.

I haven't been diligent in following the unicode.org dialog for some time now,
so my apologies if I missed a relevant discussion.
Mark Leisher Rights surrendered are not easily
Computing Research Lab regained, and a police state is not
New Mexico State University worth defending.
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Patrick O'Grady
Las Cruces, NM 88003