RE: More on differences between v1.1 and v2.0

From: Edward Cherlin (Edward.Cherlin.SY.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 04:26:39 EDT

It's an FAQ, explained over and over again. Yes, the original block of
Hangul syllables was removed and a new block created at the insistence
of Korea. This was only possible because nobody had implemented the
original block. It can't happen again.

A lot of people were very unhappy about the whole matter. Many would
prefer that Newbies read the Standard and the unicode.org Web site and
not mention such things in public. :-)

Edward Cherlin
Generalist
"A knot! Oh, do let me help to undo it."
Alice in Wonderland