Re: Character encoding at the prompt

From: Jeffrey Stults (StultsJ@ntldr.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 17:44:32 EDT

On the U.S. English version, it's 437. I believe this is different in the
localized versions, but I don't have any to check with. The command I use
is 'chcp', without any options (graftabl will also get the job done). chcp
can also be used to change the codepage as necessary, although the available
options are somewhat limited.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Solaris, so I can't help you
there.

— Jeffrey