Re: origin of the term "caron"

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 07:48:48 EST

At 21:07 -0700 2001-10-27, Asmus Freytag wrote:

>>well, guys,
>>i don't think we're going to get anything much better than this.
>>this recollection predates 1984 by a *long* time.
>>cheers. -- bb

Asmus, Barbara,

I have to distrust this. I did a search for "Mergenthaler Linotype
caron" on Google and got nothing. The text Frank mentions is from
http://www.slavism.com/slovak/abc.htm, which has no mention of
Mergenthaler Linotype. What we need is a scan of the relevant
sections of the "giant book".

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com
Telephone +353 86 807 9169 *** Fax +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)