Re: Inuktitut, Cree, Ojibwe input methods?

From: Alain LaBonté (alb@iquebec.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 18:18:36 EST

A 11:43 2001-10-29 -0700, Mark Leisher a écrit :
>Does anyone have any pointers to keyboard layouts/input methods for these (or
>related) languages?
>Mark Leisher Rights surrendered are not easily
>Computing Research Lab regained, and a police state is not
>New Mexico State University worth defending.
>Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL -- Patrick O'Grady
>Las Cruces, NM 88003

[Alain] You should contact Ray Taylor, from Acorda, in Montréal (I cc'ed
him)... he developed very high-quality fonts for inuktitut and is also
contracting with Nunavik (Nouveau-Québec), in fact for the Commission
scolaire Kativik (Kativik School Board) for making tri-lingual keyboard
layouts (Inuktitut, French, English) and he is more generally interested
with keyboard, character set, font and sorting issues for Inuktitut.

We ought to also have a look into this from a Canadian standards
perspective (we have a Canadian keyboard standard, but so far it only deals
with the Latin script). Ray is a member of our Canadian Advisory Committees
(CAC/SC2, CAC/SC35, CAC/SC22/WG20) on internationalization-related standards.

I don't know about Nunavut but Ray is quite knowledgeable (and brilliant)
about all this.

Alain LaBonté (Secrétariat du Conseil du trésor du Québec)
Kona (at the ISO/IEC JTC1 Plenary)