Re: Inuktitut, Cree, Ojibwe input methods?

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 08:06:03 EST

On 10/29/2001 11:00:27 PM Andrew Cunningham wrote:

>I'd be interested in seeing they keyman file you generated for Eastern
Cree.

It's still a work in progress since I'm waiting to hear from the people at
KNet who provided the layout to get some explanations (there were some
ambiguities). At any rate, what I have is attached.

>Most of the keyboards i've seen have been designed for specific langauges.
>Has anyone come across a single keyborad layout intended to support all of
>UCAS?

What I threw together last night does not do that. It's just a very simply
layoutl using no more than plain and shift key states. For what you want,
one would need to use multiple modifier key combiniations or keying
sequences or both.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>