Enabling and testing surrogates

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 09:55:54 EST

Carl Brown kindly provided a link with details of enabling surrogates, which
has now moved to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/intl/unicod
e_192r.asp

I don't have access to Windows 2000 or XP yet, but I have just added test
pages for Old Italic, Gothic, Deseret, Byzantine Musical Symbols, Musical
Symbols, Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols, CJK Compatibility Ideographs
Supplement and Tags to my Web site, starting at:

http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/old_italic.html

I would be very interested to know if these pages actually work, after
surrogates have been enabled according to the instructions in the linked
article.

Does anyone know if it is easier to enable surrogates in Windows XP?

Alan Wood
Documentation Writer / Web Master
Context Limited (http://www.context.co.uk/)
mailto:alan.wood@context.co.uk