Tengwar added to Plane1 Unicode Demo Page

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 03:06:01 EST

Thanks to Tom Gewecke, I have added a Tengwar entry for Frodo Baggins,
to the Plane 1 Demo page.

Although Tengwar is not officially in Unicode yet, I thought:

a) the current commercial interest in things related to Lord of the
Rings, makes it compelling

b) at this time the plane 1 pages are being used to test browsers and
this example shows up some problems.

Opera, and IE displays this NCR-based page ok:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example-plane1.html

Opera displays two of the entries on this UTF-8-based page ok, but not
the Tengwar or Deseret:

http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-plane1-utf8.html

Of course, since I can't see the UTF-8 version of Tengwar with any
browser, I haven't confirmed its correctness yet. Let me know if you
find any problems with these pages. Any problems are likely my fault and
not the submitters.
tex

Tex Texin                    Director, International Business
mailto:Texin@Progress.com    Tel: +1-781-280-4271
the Progress Company         Fax: +1-781-280-4655
For a compelling demonstration for Unicode:
http://www.geocities.com/i18nguy/unicode-example.html