Re: Unicode 3.2 Beta Period Finishing

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 23:04:14 EST

In a message dated 2002-01-21 19:45:47 Pacific Standard Time,
mark@macchiato.com writes:

> We are fast approaching the end of the beta period for Unicode 3.2,
> completing at the end of this week. The following data files have been
> changed in January:
> StandardizedVariants..> 21-Jan-2002 18:05 37k

Many of the embedded images in the Standardized Variants document are missing.

Will the emergence of standardized variants, using variation selectors,
prevent such abominations as the Korean fractions from being explicitly
encoded? (IIRC, there was a proposal from one of the Koreas to encode
duplicates of the vulgar fractions with a horizontal bar instead of diagonal.)

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California