RE: Unicode 3.2: BETA files updated

From: Julie Allen (adollen@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 14:31:19 EST

John Hudson asked,

> As Unicode continues to grow, I wonder if we can expect another book--
or
> multiple volumes -- at some stage, or if the standard will become a
purely
> electronic document? Has any decision been taken about this?

Speaking in my official capacity as editor, the answer is yes, you can
expect another book. The editorial committee is already hard at work on
4.0, which we expect to publish as one volume. Publication is
tentatively scheduled for spring 2003. As to the form and timing of 5.0,
that would be pure speculation at this point. Someone else on the
committee might be willing to speculate, but I won't!

Julie Allen