POSITIVELY MUST READ! Bytext is here!

From: Bernard Miller (forunicode@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 23:33:15 EST

Hello Unicode list members,
Unicode now has a serious competitor. Please read
about it at www.bytext.org. Everyone on this list
should find it extremely interesting.

I hope people concerned with Unicode see this as an
opportunity for growth. I think you will find Bytext
to be a superior technology that is worthy of the work
that will be required to implement it. It is
sufficiently different that there is no possible way
it can be turned into a transformation format of
Unicode or something like that.

I guess this means that many of you are now officially
my colleagues. After following this list and reading
various things you’ve written you all seem very
friendly and intelligent. I look forward to future
conversations between us.

Sincerely,

Bernard Miller