attachment size (was: Re: Variation Selection)

From: $B$m!;!;!;!;(B $B$m!;!;!;(B (juuitchan@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 22:47:57 EST

>From: DougEwell2@cs.com
>To: unicode@unicode.org
>CC: juuitchan@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: Variation Selection
>Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:29:02 EST
>
>In a message dated 2002-01-27 18:51:35 Pacific Standard Time,
>juuitchan@hotmail.com writes:
>
> > First, have we all servers?
>
>No. Assuming we all do is no better than assuming we all have broadband
or
>T1 connections.
>
> > Second, if it is a small attachment, the number of bytes transmitted to
GO
$BTE@d(B€$BTE^d(B€$BTEZd(B€$BTD%"(B)
>bytes?
>
>I just sent a 500-byte attachment to the Unicode list without any qualms.
>Almost all messages are longer than 500 bytes, especially when you take
>headers into account. However, there is certainly such a thing as "too
>long," and I have no idea where to draw the line and say "this attachment
is
>short enough, that one is too long."
>
>-Doug Ewell
> Fullerton, California

I just said 1535 because I like the word "himemiko". Also, it is just under
1 1/2 KB, and that attachment size is good for small black-and-white
illustrations (for character placement, etc.) Some Swedish (?) person came
up with an excellent use for some illustrations about a month ago, when
discussing a Swedish ampersand and a few other characters on this list.

Also, Sarasvati's birth year should be an agreeable number for her to use
as a file size limit. And since I never give a lady's age, remember, it is
not necessarily a Gregorian year!