Re: Devanagari variations

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 02:07:16 EST

Peter, I think we should not, under the circumstances, encode another
character for this. People shouldn't be writing software for "Hindi
support" that is too lame to be able to render such a thing just because
it's not "in the block". (They might not render it for other reasons, such
as "it's not in the font", but there are lots of things "outside of the
block" that could be used and useful in such a context.)

        Rick