RE: Keyboard Layouts for Office XP in WIndows 98

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 18:34:32 EST

On 03/09/2002 04:57:23 PM Marc Durdin wrote:

>Peter, I don't think that you can use plane 1-16 characters at all in
Windows
>9x/Me, because the renderer does not support them. I'm not sure if Word
works
>around this, but my (often unreliable) memory tells me it doesn't.

Well, last week, it was *my* memory that was out to lunch. Indeed,
Win9x/Me does not supporte rendering of supplementary plane characters.
What you'd see, then, is a pair of boxes (or other .notdef glyph). In
terms of what can be entered reliably into a doc, what I had was correct,
though it's of limited use if the user can't actually see the glyphs.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>