Re: [Encode] Encoding vs. Charset

From: Dan Kogai (dankogai@dan.co.jp)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 14:51:45 EST

On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 03:26 , Anton Tagunov wrote:
> I'm fixing a small article on that right now (maybe you have already
> read the first edition, but I'm rewriting 75% of it and just because
> of the "charset" vs "encoding" terminology. It will probably be ready
> by 26 march 23:00 GMT, I'll post a message to perl-unicode since
> there's interest in terminology!

   All right. I will wait. Besides I am now working on Encode::CJKguide
(to jhi's relief, it is just a pod. Not even "use strict;" is
included :), explaining how they are structured and why. This one is
really tough and it takes more time to compile (I am using this word in
a classical manner, not the one we use more common, to have your
computer spit an object out of source)....

Dan the Encode Maintainer