Re: [OT] Re: The exact birthday of French: 0842-02-14

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 17:36:03 EST

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:36:25PM -0800, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> But for Niemetz to get anywhere with his posited black hole of
> 600-900 A.D., he has to evoke grand conspiracy theories. Namely,
> the documentary history of both the Roman Catholic Church and
> the Byzantine Orthodox Church have to have been massively faked.
> To quote Niemetz himself:

Why isn't there exterior evidence? IIRC, there was some traffic between
the Roman empire and parts east; given the detail of Chinese history,
can't some Chinese emperor be matched to a Roman emperor and years be
counted off from there? It really seems like the people who would have
noticed the missing years if they really existed would be the people
trying to look at non-European history.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.