Re: Chinese Windows and unicode

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 19:19:47 EDT

From: "Lars Marius Garshol" <larsga@garshol.priv.no>

> * Peter Constable
> | BTW, it's my understanding that, by using MSLU (which Michael helped
> | develop!), a develop can avoid much of the hard work you refer to.
>
> Yes, I think it can. I don't think it covers everything, and I'm not
> sure how easy it is to use if you want to have the same binary work on
> both Win9X and WinNT[1]. It wasn't available when I needed this, so I
> haven't looked at it.
>
> [1] Dropping the marketing labels to make life easier.

Well, it actually covers just about everything and is especially good for
that very scenario -- I highly recommend it for that purpose. :-)

Cathy Wissink and I wrote a cool aricle covering it for MSDN Magazine,
available online at:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/

MichKa

Michael Kaplan