Re: Chinese Windows and unicode

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 10:13:54 EDT

On 06/12/2002 12:24:22 AM "Frank Wang" wrote:

>From a Windows 95(GB version) station I created a new folder in a Windows
>2000 pro(English version), then I take a look at the new folder in the
Win2k
>computer, I can read the "New Folder" in Chinese, is the name in Unicode?
if
>yes, is it safe to say that CWin95 uses unicode in the folder names?

The name on the Win2K machine is in Unicode, but that does not mean that
the CWin95 machine uses Unicode when creating filenames. It means that
Win2K knows how to convert from CP950 (or whatever) to Unicode.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>