RE: Can browsers show text? I don't think so

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 09:11:22 EDT

The question was asked:

> > Why would you need Unicode then?

and answered with regard to languages and scripts. Please don't forget that
Unicode is also very useful for all sorts of special characters used in
science and technology, even for people who only read and speak one
language.

I first became interested in Unicode when I tried to produce a Web site
dealing with the names of pesticides, and found that I could not get
reliable cross-platform Greek characters by using Symbol font.

Alan Wood
Documentation Writer / Web Master
Context Limited (http://www.context.co.uk)
mailto:alan.wood@context.co.uk