Phaistos Disk script in Unicode

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 03:52:48 EDT

An important aspect of having the Phaistos Disk script encoded in Unicode is
that it enables people to produce documents which discuss the characters,
such as "Birds appear in the following characters" followed by a list.
Also, for things like writing "The A character appears N times on the
Phaistos Disk" where I have used A in this email to stand for one of the
characters and N to stand for a whole number.

I feel that Mr Everson has provided a valuable service to scholarship by
adding the Phaistos Disk script into the ConScript Unicode Registry and I
thank him for doing so.

William Overington