Re: [Fwd: [ ghostscript-Bugs-576651 ] ghostscript fails with someunicode char]

From: Tex Texin (tex@i18nguy.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 21:35:35 EDT

Edward, thanks.
I know about the Hebrew and a few other problems.

In the case of Hebrew it is an Acrobat problem I believe.
I am a little bit torn between finessing the example so it comes out
right, and making the statement that the Unicode Example file is what
you can do with proper Unicode encoding...

The file http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode-example.html displays it
correctly under IE.
But the pdf shows the Hebrew in the right direction, but the names are
reversed:
http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/unicodeexample.pdf

Hmm. At least, I think it is an Acrobat bug. Anyone else have problems
with Hebrew, utf-8, and Acrobat?
I haven't had time to really research it. Perhaps this weekend.
I haven't reported it to Adobe yet either.
tex

Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Tuesday 09 July 2002 11:49 pm, Tex Texin <tex@i18nGuy.com> wrote:
> > fixed, not bad turnaround.
> > I havent tried it myself.
>
> Nor have I, but I'm pleased to report that I got Acrobat Reader 5.0
> working under Linux, and it displays your file perfectly, except that
> Sholem Aleichem's name is still reversed. The Acrobat Reader
> installation failed to set the installation directory
> (/usr/local/Acrobat5/Reader) in the startup script.
>
> > tex
>
> --
> Edward Cherlin
> Generalist
> "A knot! Oh, do let me help to undo it!"
> --Alice in Wonderland

Making e-Business Work Around the World