RE: Saying characters out loud (derives from hash, pound,octothorpe?)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 15:15:21 EDT

On 07/11/2002 11:29:04 AM "Suzanne M. Topping" wrote:

>There was a comedian in the 1970's (I remember him from the children's
>public television show "Electric Company") who pronounced punctuation
>"phonetically" while reading various passages. So it wasn't words for
>the symbols, it was sounds.

Would you believe he came to my school in Montreal when I was in something
like 2nd grade, and that I saw him do that very sketch live? You can get
videotapes of Victor Borge performances. He was quite talented!

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>