Re: Chromatic Ethiopic

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 18:24:32 EDT

On 07/17/2002 06:35:58 PM John Hudson wrote:

>I think Marco is still on holiday but, just before he left, he and I
>devised a method to enable bi-chromatic Ethiopic punctuation by utilising
>function similar to the MS Word 'Different colour for diacritics'
function...

Intriguing idea! What makes it interesting is that it doesn't require any
major technical innovations; all it needs is for an app to provide a UI, an
API that allows apps to activate features over runs (surely in the works),
and a font with the appropriate lookups. Clever indeed.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>