Re: UTS #10: Unicode Collation Algorithm (UCA)

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 09:42:17 EDT

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

> The ordering of letters in the new collation is presented in
> www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/allkeys-3.1.1.txt. It has no contradictions
> with the recent Iranian official document Dastur-e xatt-e Farsi mosavvab-e
> Farhangestan-e zaban-o adab-e Farsi (Instructions on Persian Script adopted
> by Persian Academy of Sciences), Tehran, 2002 at the exception of the
> problem mentioned above (see p.19).

Just to fix the name of the academy. Its not the Academy of Sciences, but
"Iranian Academy of Persian Language and Literature".

About the collation default order, I guess we can't change that. Arabic
seems to be the dominant language, and it may be interesting for you to
know that the default ordering is also wrong for many of the European
countries. For Latin, it's an ordering that makes sense to English
speaking people, I guess.

roozbeh