Re: Tamil Text Messaging in Mobile Phones

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 09:11:58 EDT

Two earlier responses in this thread might seem to single-out
Michael Kaplan and Doug Ewell.

This wasn't my intent. Michael Kaplan is well versed in Tamil
encoding issues and display problems, but either he has
misunderstood some aspects of Sinnathurai Srivas' proposed
script reform, or I have.

I also respect Doug Ewell, who gave an "FGR" (frequently given
response) to an FAQ. I've given this similar response, too, but
am now concerned that, without offering alternatives (such as the
PUA possibility mentioned by Martin Kochanski), we might
come off as being a bit calloused and discouraging.

Best regards,

James Kass.