Re: logical order (was Re: Tamil Text Messaging in Mobile Phones)

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 14:29:09 EDT

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:

> We do not need to redefine terms here. The term "logical order" is refering
> to a backend store that matches the way a user of the script might read
> it/write it/think about it.

While we're at it, would anyone please consider replacing the Unicode
definition of *logical order* with some definition like the above one? The
current definition which refers to 'the way a user enters the character
sequence through a keyboard', really sucks, and does not mean much. If
I redefine an input method, am I redefining logical order?!

roozbeh