Re: "Missing character" glyph

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 23:58:24 EDT

>>> What Unicode character would best represent the "missing character"
>>> symbol?
>>
>> Apple's Last Resort font. :-)
>
> Which I believe uses the various symbols shown at
>
> http://www.unicode.org/charts/
>
> so you can easily tell from which code range your font is missing the
> character.

Have Last Resort symbols been devised for all the blocks in Unicode,
including the new ones like Tagalog? Neither Mark Leisher's page nor
the Apple typography page contains a complete list.

(As a Windows user who seldom finds reason to envy the Mac camp, I have
to admit that this Last Resort thing is a great idea. I wish it were
available in Windows.)

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California