library for identifying equivalent sequences

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 18:29:37 EDT

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any software libararies available that
can be used to solve a particular problem: for a given character sequence,
I need to enumerate all of the canonically equivalent character sequences.
Put another equivalent way, given a character sequence in NFD, I need to be
able to enumerate all of the sequences that have the same NFD
representation.

(The underlying issue is that I'm trying to figure out, given some
precomposed glyph in a font, what are all the valid substitutions that
could be applied in the smart-font code.)

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>