Re: Updated Unicode Example PDF

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:37:41 EDT

> The PDF version of the Compelling Unicode Example has been updated.
> http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/unicodeexample.pdf

[snipped]

>I would be glad for comments on or off list.
>tex

I notice that there is no entry for Tamil. In view of the discussions
concerning Tamil in other threads recently, can you please say whether the
pdf file could support a Unicode example in Tamil please? The reason why I
am asking is that as Unicode does not encode code points for all Tamil
ligatures I am wondering whether a pdf file can support a Tamil display upon
such platforms as Windows 98.

Also, would you be able to have an example in German Fraktur where a ch
ligature is needed?

Also, would you be able to have an example using a transcription of 18th
Century English printing using a ct ligature in that pdf file?

William Overington